Customer Service Assistant / Delivery Driver
JOB DESCRIPTION AND KEY RESPONSIBILTIES
FULL AND PART TIME STAFF
One O One Convenience Stores Limited is the retail division of G1 Group, operating licensed convenience stores across Scotland. Our stores are at the heart of our local communities, and stock a range of alcohol, tobacco, grocery and fresh foods products.
One thing all our Stores have in common is our people- they work hard, often behind the scenes, and they are the best at what they do. We are always growing and on the lookout for fresh talent, so if you've got it, bring it.
What we stand for
Our values aren't rules or guidelines the people who work for us need to stick to, they are the catalyst for an unwritten work ethic. The values never change, so no matter where you work or what you do, pin these up in your head and glance at them often!
At the heart of all we do we must put our customers’ needs first.
A customer service assistant/delivery driver who can effectively pick and prepare orders and deliver orders through home delivery, ensuring good customer service & can work well as part of a team.
The role provides support with the day to day operations of the home delivery business, ensuring high standards of customer service.
- To be an ambassador for your store, making your store your own, create a welcoming atmosphere for the customers.
- A ‘can do’ attitude who values being part of a successful team
- Ensure the store is fully stocked, labelled and well merchandised
- Make sure licensing and compliance is adhered at all times
- Upselling products and all promotions
- Providing a good service to the customer, serving and promoting sales at the till
- To pick, prepare and deliver home delivery orders
- Be efficient in till operations, competent in cash handling.
- The ability to work on your own or part of a team
- Flexibility towards working hours is required
- Experience gained within a retail environment is desirable
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have a current driving license (held for at least 3 years and no more than 6 points)
- Be able to pick, prepare, load the van and deliver orders across all times of the day from 6am till 10pm.
- Be able to use a smart phone/ tablet and home delivery app.
- Flexibility in location and be able to work in other stores.
- As a Home Delivery driver, you will also have a part to play in the wider store operations, we require you to lend a hand when it is needed. (i.e. serving at the till, replenishing stock etc.)