Rate of Pay:
Starting Salary of £21,000 up to £28,000
One O One Convenience Stores Limited is the retail division of Scotsman Group, operating licensed convenience stores across Scotland. Our stores are at the heart of our local communities, and stock a range of fresh and frozen foods, grocery essentials, soft drinks & snacks, as well as alcohol and tobacco.
One thing all our Stores have in common is our people: they work hard (often behind the scenes) and they are the best at what they do. We are always growing and on the lookout for fresh talent, so if you’ve got it, bring it.
What We Stand For
Our values aren’t rules or guidelines the people who work for us need to stick to, they are the catalyst for an unwritten work ethic. The values never change, so no matter where you work or what you do, pin these up in your head and glance at them often!
At the heart of all we do we must put our customers’ needs first.
A manager within the organization who delivers the operational day to day running of a One O One Convenience Store, who can lead and motivate team members, be able to take ownership of their role and make their shop stand out from the crowd.
The role consists of manging staff and recruitment, promoting sales, stock control, training, cash handling and licensing.
- To be an ambassador for your store, making the store your own, create a welcoming atmosphere for the customers
- To provide excellent customer service
- To lead by example and work as part of a team
- Upselling products and all promotions
- Ensure all staff members under your supervision are fully trained in every aspect of their job and can carry out their job effectively
- To comply with all company policies and process and apply corrective action where required
- Ensure that security measures within your store are always adhered
- Ensure that your store is kept clean, tidy and well presented as per your store standards audit
- Providing a good service to the customer, serving and promoting sales at the till
- To achieve the store KPIs such as sales, payroll and targets
- Ensure performance management and regular reviews are carried out with staff
- Ensure that all staff members are kept up to date with relevant licensing laws and refresher training on age-restricted products
- To perform your job to the highest standard, be professional and lead by example
- To ensure wages budget control and administration of wages are completed accurately each week
- To be flexible with working hours and able to adapt and change as the business requires
- Have great attention to detail to help maximise sales and grow profit
- Ensure your cash preparation is completed as per the company procedures with any deficits reported to your area manager immediately
- A minimum of 2 years retail management experience required
- Personal licence holder desirable
- Excellent communication and coaching skills desirable
- Proven track record in managing large teams
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in training staff is required
- Management bonus scheme
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement
- Free access to Grocery Aid which offers confidential emotional, physical and financial support
- NEST pension scheme
- Internal development opportunities for those who want to grow their career
- Discounts at Group hospitality venues
- Fully paid breaks
- Employee of the month programmes
- Store incentives